The Board of Adjustments meets as needed to review zoning compliance applications denied by the zoning compliance officer. The Board consists of 5 members, appointed by the mayor for a term of three years each.
In summation, The Board of Adjustments has the following power:
1. Hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is an error in the enforcement of zoning regulations;
2. Hear and decide exceptions to zoning regulations;
3. Authorize upon appeal in specific cases such variances from zoning regulations;
4.Recommend to the Town Council changes in district boundaries or regulations.
5. Adopt rules and regulations necessary to zoning regulations;
6. Recommend to the Town Council use, height, and area restrictions within annexations.
For a full list of Appointment and Powers, see Chapter 2.28 of Title 2-Administrative Personnel in the Town Ordinance Book