June 2021 Minutes

PUBLIC MEETING TUESDAY JUNE 1, 2021

MEETING HELD AT HOT SPRINGS CITY HALL

109 MAIN ST, HOT SPRINGS MT 59845

MEETING WAS ALSO HELD VIA ZOOM 

Call to order at 7:00 PM 

Present: Woods, Weatherly, Graham, Smith, Stelter, Amy Gray, Mike Gray, Alan Cheney, Judy Norgard, Brenna Nunes, Ladonna Vollmer, Scott Volmer, CR Liesinger, Emmitt Tucker, Starla Rice, Steven Sheffield

CR Liesinger form Morrison Maeirle presented a slide show of the TA Grant Application process and explained the grant to the Council and Public. The Grant will be a request for funds to improve and add sidewalks in Hot Springs. Discussion on where the sidewalks are needed. 

Judy Norgaard asked about repairing sidewalks next to Montana Bar because they are dangerous and were not included in the grant.  She asked how to get this included in the grant.  Woods explained that the grant requires connectivity to increase the points for our project being selected. Sidewalks needed to be added going to the school and extended from the business district to active areas of town.  CR and Woods will look at the sidewalk next to the bar after the meeting. 

CR asked that letters of support be sent to the Town to add to the Grant Application. 

Woods called for additional public comment. There was none

Meeting Closed at 6:59 pm

MINUTES FROM TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
IMMEDIATEL FOLLOWING PUBLIC MEETING TUESDAY JUNE 1, 2021 

MEETING HELD AT HOT SPRINGS CITY HALL

109 MAIN ST, HOT SPRINGS MT 59845

MEETING WAS ALSO HELD VIA ZOOM 

CALL TO ORDER at 7:00 pm  by Mayor Woods

ROLL CALL- Smith, Stelter, Weatherly, Graham, Woods, Gray

Also present Emmitt Tucker, Judy Norgaard, Brenna Nunes, Ladonna Vollmer, Scott Vollmer, Alan Cheney, CR Liesinger, Starla Rice, Steven Sheffield

APPROVAL OF MINUTES Stelter/ Weatherly 4-0 pass

PRESENTATION OF CLAIMS Graham/Stelter  4-0 pass

REPORTS

MAYOR- Woods gave a report on the water project.  We are still waiting for the driller to come back. They are backed up and have had some equipment failures, so they are having a hard time getting back here. CR is here from Morrison Maeirle if anyone has any questions for him. There were none. We are waiting for approval to come back from DEQ on the line extension and tank project and then we will get out to bid for these projects. 

PUBLIC WORKS have been filling potholes and mowing. They have been working on the city shop.

FIRE DEPT-there have been multiple calls this month. There was a fire at the trailer park with an explosion. We discussed with the owner and decided to protect the surrounding structures.  Noxon just had a fire with explosions and had a firefighter get burned and he is still in Harborview. We wanted it to be safe for our firefighters, there was nobody home at the time of the fire. We have also had a couple of car wrecks and grass fires. We are expecting a busy fire season this year. The State of Montana gave us a six wheel drive fire truck with a 2000 gallon tank. It was free to us, we just have a few things we will need to fix. The ambulance has been busy. Emmitt Tucker is an EMT that comes from Clinton to help us out. 

POLICE- Report provided, presented by Mayor Woods

CLERK- Gray explained that we need to schedule a budget amendment meeting for the Covid funds that we received this past year. We will also need to start working on the Annual Budget for next year.  Meeting was scheduled for June 15, 2021 at 7:00 PM.  Gray stated she would be at court clerk school in Missoula that week as well. 

LIBRARY Report provided and presented by Starla Rice. The library is pulling out bushes behind the library.

ZONING COMPLIANCE- We have had a lot of questions about zoning in Town Hall but no actual requests at this time. 

PUBLIC COMMENT FOR EACH AGENDA ITEM WILL BE ALLOWED

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/209886133_10159453922512459_6290262941033697744_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=5i3lm0VTR78AX8TIYyq&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=84e8df97871c125e898483850fc8ee1a&oe=60E45951

NEW BUSINESS

STREET CLOSURE AND OPEN CONTAINER FOR HOMESTEADER DAYS – Motion to approve Street Closure and Open container for Fri 6pm-2am, Sat 9am to 2 am and Sunday 9am to 10pm  Stelter/ Graham  4-0 pass

STREET CLOSURE FOR MEMORIAL JULY 10, 2021 – a memorial will be held for Josh Nunes. Judy and Brenna are requesting street closure and open container on Arlee Street. They will be putting up a tent on Arlee Street.  

Smith/ Weatherly 4-0 pass

STREET CLOSURE JULY 4, 2021– Alan Cheney requested street closure, open container and presence of the fire department for a 4th of July celebration on A Street in front of the Creekside. Request is for 5pm to 2am  Graham/Stelter 4-0 pass

APPOINT MEMBER OF POLICE COMMISSION FOR THREE YEAR TERM- Ben Walters term on the Police Commission ended May 21, 2021.  Notices were posted requesting letters of interest. We received one letter from Charles Link. Motion to appoint Charles Link to Police Commission Stelter/Weatherly 4-0 pass

PUBLIC COMMENT ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS- Woods called for public comment on non-agenda items, there was none.  

He then explained council would be going to executive session 

EXECUTIVE SESSION LEGAL DISCUSSION

ADJOURN

7:51  pm  motion to adjourn   Stelter/ Weatherly  4-0 pass

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s